Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
POKER IN THE NEWS--IT IS A GAME OF SKILL!
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
POKER IN THE NEWS--IT IS A GAME OF SKILL!
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?i...357&page=1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
RE: POKER IN THE NEWS--IT IS A GAME OF SKILL!
Duh Rolleyes! They finally figured it out. Of course it's a game of skill. They've already ran simulations and analyzed hands in the past that have shown that it's a game of skill. For me the best evidence that it is in fact a game of skill is that there are so many professional poker players out there, I've never heard of a professional roulette or slots player!?
I hope this "new" evidence helps to remove the ban.

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
RE: POKER IN THE NEWS--IT IS A GAME OF SKILL!
If a poker hand was won simply by everyone at the table turning over their cards to see which hand is the best, then go ahead and argue that it's a game of luck. But, it's not that simple; the game is about decisions. It's not necessarily the best hand that wins, it's the best player.