Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USA Compliant Poker Sites
04-02-2009, 07:41 AM
USA Compliant Poker Sites
There is a new kind of poker site out there, compliant for the USA. Since they are a "subscription" site they say it is not "gambling" and can be played in the USA. I'll trust they have had their lawyers look at it and not debate it. But here is how it works.

You pay a monthly, quarterly, or yearly subscription fee to the site. $19.95/month with discounts for quarterly/annual subscriptions seems to be the going rate.

The site gives you "points" to play with. You use these "points" to win more points or "tokens" which both allow you to enter cash tournaments.

Win the cash tournaments and cash out!

WHY THIS IS BETTER THAN A "REGULAR" POKER SITE

1. USA Compliant and USA based so no worry about cashing out or going to prison for violating the law.

2. Seems to be fewer "all-in-maniacs" at lower-level tournament play.

3. Way more play for the cash you invest. You can play a few tournaments a day for that $19.95. Unless you just do super-micro tourneys of $.50 and under you will never do that elsewhere.

4. Budget your losses as you learn. You cannot lose more than $19.95/month. It is easy to blow $50/month and much more going the conventional route.

WHY THIS IS WORSE THAN A REGULAR SITE

1. There are fewer tournaments for cash going on, just a few a day. At bigger poker sites there are tourneys going off every fifteen minutes or more.

2. The prizew pools do not grow with the field. If they are having a $1000 tournament and 5000 people enter it is still $1000 where as in a regular site it is based on field size.

3. You are paying the subscription if you use it or not. If you have a very busy month and can't play much you still pay the same fee.

Which kind of site you play is up to you. Play to meet your needs and level. Bet with your head, not over it.

Good Luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
RE: USA Compliant Poker Sites
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if the Obama Administration understands the internet a little bit more but I could see some knee jerk politco going after something thats "zomg poker!"

I tend to like tourney style anyway, alot less room for cheats and ghosters to make off with their cash.. It still takes SKILL to get to the final round!
05-05-2009, 05:16 AM
(05-01-2009 02:46 PM)Dulce Wrote:  Awesome. Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if the Obama Administration understands the internet a little bit more but I could see some knee jerk politco going after something thats "zomg poker!"

I tend to like tourney style anyway, alot less room for cheats and ghosters to make off with their cash.. It still takes SKILL to get to the final round!

I don't think the Obama Administration has a priority beyond raising taxes and regulating more businesses. The ban was from congress and signed as part of a larger bill in 2005/6. So unless someone wants to make it an issue, don't expect the ban to go away.
04-03-2010, 07:08 AM
They have no time for priority for internet. They have no attention about it.