Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poker Online
04-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Poker Online
First of all, I wanted to thank you guys for the excellent reference material you're providing to beginners like me on the site. It is very helpful.

One thing I'm looking for now is a good online poker site or software to help me get comfortable with the flow of the game per AZDuffman's advice.

Which online poker sites or software do you guys use and recommend?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
RE: Poker Online
The biggest poker site is pokerstars.com
There is also fulltiltpoker.com

this sites accept US players

Try downloading their software and see which you like best.
here are instructions for PokerStars http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/download/

Download, install, register a username and validate e-mail address and you can hit the play money tables where you can get comfortable with the software.

You will see all kind of plays on the money tables but don't worry the players are different on the real money tables, not so crazy (at least not always Wink )

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
04-02-2009, 07:04 AM
(04-02-2009 05:48 AM)Carrera Wrote:  First of all, I wanted to thank you guys for the excellent reference material you're providing to beginners like me on the site. It is very helpful.

One thing I'm looking for now is a good online poker site or software to help me get comfortable with the flow of the game per AZDuffman's advice.

Which online poker sites or software do you guys use and recommend?

You can go to most of the sites and play for free. Here is how it usually works.

When a site ends in "dotcom" it is a pay site. eg: Pokerstars.com. If it ends in "dotnet" it is a USA compliant free site. eg: Pokerstars.net.

Pokerstars.net might be your best bet. It is a busy site and you should heve plenty of real, live human beings to play against. Even though the "play money" sites are almost useless to learn strategy, you will learn more there than from a "bot."

If you want to learn about tournaments, go to http://www.spadeclub.com. It has a 100% free area where you can still play in some tournaments and win actual money (small stakes, $20 or so) or a free membership. If you go here I would allriciate if you let me send you a "referral" so I get credit if you sign up to be a full member.

Spade Club is $19.95/month and you play in tournaments. I have won about $150 there in just under a year which almost pays my membership until December.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll put up a review here!
04-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Pokerstars looks great, I think I'm going to try that!