Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flushed in the poker room
04-01-2009, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2009 08:00 AM by AZDuffman.)
Flushed in the poker room
So, I’m playing poker for the third week out of four in a row and have been a winner the first two times. Boy, am I glad my buddy convinced me to “graduate” to ring-games. For more on my first week out see my other posts.

Anyways, not going good so far last weekend. Not catching cards and what I do catch is very medium. Furthermore a table of maniacs makes it hard to play those medium hands. Finally I get Ajax suited and 4-5 callers to a $10 raise. I am in a very late position but not the dealer. My $10 call “buys the button” so I am in decent position.

Flop comes out with two spades, all lower cards, and nothing paired! SIXTEEN OUTS AND LATE POSITION! Bad news is the guy under the gun raises by $25! What to do? I figure my best bet it to try and catch, with sixteen outs I have a better than 50/50 chance to improve, a very rare situation. So I call, figuring if I lose it all just get a beer with my brother.

Fourth Street and BAM, the spade falls. NUT FLUSH! No worry how to play it is just two of us and the under-the-gun maniac puts me all-in. Being all-in with the nuts is a very, very good feeling. CALL! The river is harmless and dealer says “show’em!”

He flips over American Airlines. I flip and say, “flush.” Very politely. Dealer pushes the pot to me. But the best part and the reason I post is the VERY NEXT HAND.

Next hand I am still late position and get 9c6c. Pretty crappy but there is about $50 in the pot when it comes to me and $10 to call. 5-1 pot odds on 3-1 to catch a flush plus other catch possibilities? Boys and girls, this is why you learn the concept of “pot-odds.” Having just taken down a big pot I figure why not for $10 plus getting those odds.

Flop gives me two more clubs. Whoa, this isn’t happening! Everybody checks. By the river I make another flush. I bet $25 and the maniac I just took a pot from calls. I had the feeling he would call almost anything, chasing the chips he lost.

I forget what he had but I showed another flush. He STORMED off!

Wonder where I will be next Saturday?

Good Luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2009, 07:46 AM
RE: Flushed in the poker room
(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  So, I’m playing poker for the third week out of four in a row and have been a winner the first two times. Boy, am I glad my buddy convinced me to “graduate” to ring-games.

I play mostly ring games nowadays but I like tourneys better.

(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  NUT FLUSH! No worry how to play it is just two of us and the under-the-gun maniac puts me all-in.

I hate when they won't bite.

(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  Being all-in with the nuts is a very, very good feeling.

One of my favorite feelings.

(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  He flips over American Airlines. I flip and say, “flush.”

Ouch!

(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  Next hand... By the river I make another flush. I bet $25 and the maniac I just took a pot from calls. I had the feeling he would call almost anything, chasing the chips he lost.

I forget what he had but I showed another flush. He STORMED off!

Double ouch!

(04-01-2009 07:25 AM)AZDuffman Wrote:  Wonder where I will be next Saturday?

Waiting for that guy? Big Grin

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply