Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Surprise at the Sands
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Surprise at the Sands
This isn't a "gambling" story so much as a "classic vegas" story about how it used to be before so much of the place turned into Disneyland for Adults.

Now, this falls under, "Friend of a friend said" stories, but it is amusing and from what I read about the celebrity involved it is also believable. So just enjoy.

Seems in the 1960s a woman is staying at the Sands. Even back then it had a "tower" with the better rooms. So this woman gets on the elevator and with her two black guys get on.

Now you must remember that the USA in the 1960s was not a very racially mixed country. For a white person to rarely if ever interact with a black person was common.

So anyways, these two guys have this german shepard dog with them. After the doors close one says, "LADY, ON THE FLOOR!"

You might be able to guess, she dropped right to the floor. And the two black guys start laughing their heads off. They were polite about it and said, "No, no--the *dog* is named 'Lady'" Embarrassed but not hurt she leaves the elevator.

Checkout time comes and she goes to pay the bill. (no "express" checkout in those days.) Desk person looks it up and says it is taken care of. The woman said she needed to pay but the desk clerk said, "No, taken care of. Oh, there is a message for you."

(scroll down to see the suprise message)

"Your bill is taken care of. Thanks for the best laugh I have had in years. Sammy Davis, Jr."

Again, "friend of a friend" story, but from what I have read about Sammy, he was very even-tempered and a friendly guy. So it seems believable enough to be true.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Smile RE: Suprise at the Sands
Hahahaha, excellent story Big Grin ROFL
I had a good laugh

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply