Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did anyone else watch "Lucky"? (TV series)
03-22-2009, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2009 04:50 PM by Soliloquy.)
Did anyone else watch "Lucky"? (TV series)
Back in 2003 there was a short-lived TV comedy about the life of a compulsive gambler named Michael "Lucky" Linkletter, played by John Corbett. As with most people named Lucky, he really wasn't, and his hard luck and get-rich-quick-schemes made the show brutally funny. It got the axe after 11 episodes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2009, 12:01 AM
RE: Did anyone else watch "Lucky"? (TV series)
Haven't seen it but I have searched it on imdb and it has very positive comments from the viewers. I wonder why it got canceled.

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
03-24-2009, 03:51 AM
(03-22-2009 04:45 PM)Soliloquy Wrote:  Back in 2003 there was a short-lived TV comedy about the life of a compulsive gambler named Michael "Lucky" Linkletter, played by John Corbett. As with most people named Lucky, he really wasn't, and his hard luck and get-rich-quick-schemes made the show brutally funny. It got the axe after 11 episodes.

Yes, I watched and liked it for the most part. I love the pilot where the guy won $1MM in a poker tourney. Press asks him what he will do with it and he says, "LOOSE IT!" Sure enough a year later it was gone and he was dead broke.

I think it got canceled because it just didn't catch on the way the network that had it wanted it to. It was a little "poker-boom" driven.
03-24-2009, 07:18 AM
(03-23-2009 12:01 AM)KillJoy Wrote:  Haven't seen it but I have searched it on imdb and it has very positive comments from the viewers. I wonder why it got canceled.

TV executives are notorious for giving good shows the axe before they have a chance to find their audience. In the case of "Lucky" I read some article around the time it premiered saying that it was the first time the FX network had invested in developing their own prime-time series. My guess is they got cold feet.
07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, I have seen that. and also can say that I like to watch that show and then miss it all the time. But the person who have not seen that I want to say them that perhaps they don't know Lucky is about Michael "Lucky" Linkletter. And also came to know that it is so pretty much each episode is Lucky trying to get by and put his life back together.