Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask BlinkBits BlinkList Co.mments Delirious Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks Linkagogo Ma.gnolia MSN Live Netscape Netvouz Newsvine RawSugar Rojo Smarking Socializer Sphinn Spurl Squidoo Tailrank Technorati Yahoo My Web

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Survey help
03-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Survey help
I am here to ask any site / visitors / members if they could spare ten minutes or less to take part in my survey which is trying to investigate effective responsible gamlbing features. I really am a PhD student!! and I have set up an online survey which is trying to identify features which gamblers think would be useful for persons who feel that their gambling is becoming a problem. I am not asking you to take part in this survey because I have a problem with you guys, or that I think all gamblers are problem gamblers - it is because I think you might have a greater familiarity and understanding of useful features in a site than I do because you are more familiar with the internet gambling environment. Academics have suggested many features which they think are useful for problem gambling but this does not consider the opinions of people who take part in gambling. The survey is not perfect and the literature in my research explains some of the limitations - however it is one survey to cover many different kinds of online gambling. Any thoughts you may have - I would really appreciate hearing.

http://www.effectiveresponsiblegamblingf...ogspot.com

Shy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
RE: Survey help
(03-21-2009 07:39 AM)carjaw Wrote:  I am here to ask any site / visitors / members if they could spare ten minutes or less to take part in my survey which is trying to investigate effective responsible gamlbing features. I really am a PhD student!! and I have set up an online survey which is trying to identify features which gamblers think would be useful for persons who feel that their gambling is becoming a problem. I am not asking you to take part in this survey because I have a problem with you guys, or that I think all gamblers are problem gamblers - it is because I think you might have a greater familiarity and understanding of useful features in a site than I do because you are more familiar with the internet gambling environment. Academics have suggested many features which they think are useful for problem gambling but this does not consider the opinions of people who take part in gambling. The survey is not perfect and the literature in my research explains some of the limitations - however it is one survey to cover many different kinds of online gambling. Any thoughts you may have - I would really appreciate hearing.

http://www.effectiveresponsiblegamblingf...ogspot.com

Shy

Well, if it's for science purposes I don't see why not. Smile

(03-21-2009 07:39 AM)carjaw Wrote:  ...I am not asking you to take part in this survey because I have a problem with you guys, or that I think all gamblers are problem gamblers - it is because I think you might have a greater familiarity and understanding of useful features in a site than I do because you are more familiar with the internet gambling environment...

It's a problem when you're losing money you can't spare.

There are many gamblers out there who make a living out of "gambling". They are playing +EV (positive expected value) games (games in which they can have an advantage if played right). Poker is the most popular +EV game today because of the TV and the various factors that affect the outcome like: odds (the mathematical correctness of investing into a hand), psychology, reading the opponent and a little bit of luck to spice up the game.

The worst type of game to play is a game in which you have no control on the winning odds like Slots, you only push the spin button, everything else is controlled by the software.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Good luck with the survey and come back to tell us the results when you're finished.

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply